Offered on campus
A Bachelor of General Studies (B.G.S.) degree is a multidisciplinary program that emphasizes liberal arts and sciences (arts and humanities, science and math, and social and behavioral sciences) to enable students to meet their educational, professional, and personal goals.
The General Studies program provides convenience, flexibility, and customization, allowing students to take an active role in their education as well as in their professional pursuits. The program also maximizes opportunities for individuals to pursue graduate studies and advance their careers.
INDIVIDUALIZED ACADEMIC DEGREE
The General Studies program is designed for a) adult students who might have previously been in college but did not finish their degree, b) transfer students, including those from two-year colleges, who want a broad-based degree program, and c) currently enrolled students who are seeking an alternative degree-completion path.
The program combines high academic standards with convenience and flexibility, allowing you to:
- Design your class schedule in partnership with your academic advisor.
- Earn a degree online.
- Take online, evening, and weekend courses.
- Apply credit from other accredited universities (old credits are accepted).
- Earn credit for military service, CLEP/DSST examinations, and ACE-approved training courses.
- Pursue minors and certificates to satisfy your academic and professional needs.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A DEGREE IN GENERAL STUDIES?
As a student working toward a Bachelor of General Studies, you receive a broad range of skills and knowledge that can further your current career and/or prepare you for professional programs or graduate school.
This degree program has multiple concentrations: