If you have a prior conduct disclosure, you must first submit your application for admission to IUPUI with the questions regarding the disclosure accurately answered. Your application should be submitted by the priority application deadline for the term for which you are applying. These deadlines are:
- For fall semester: May 1
- For spring semester: November 1
- For summer session I: March 15
- For summer session II: May 1
Additional materials, such as transcripts and your disclosure statement, will need to be submitted to our office by the designated material deadline for that term. These generally fall within two weeks after a priority deadline.
As part of your application, you must provide a statement regarding the conduct you are disclosing when you complete the prior conduct form (step 3, below).
Include these items in your written statement:
- Details of incident: Please provide details, including a complete description of the facts and circumstances that led to the charges. You should include:
- Who participated
- Who the victim was
- What losses were suffered
- When, where and how the event(s) occurred.
- Explanation of criminal/disciplinary history: please explain the reason(s) for your behavior.
- What positive changes have you made in your life since the event(s)?
This statement must also include a grant of permission to IUPUI for complete access to criminal records, if any, and/or permission for complete access to disciplinary records, if any, at your previous high school, postsecondary institution, college or university.
If you apply using the Apply IU application, you'll be asked to submit this statement at the time you're applying. Be detailed — if you do not cover enough details, we will ask you to submit this information again, via the Prior Conduct Form.
In addition to your written statement, you must submit an online form that provides factual details about the offense(s) you are disclosing. This form also must be submitted prior to the materials deadlines listed in step 1.Complete the prior conduct disclosure form