You are not eligible for a out-of-state tuition award if:
- You are enrolled in an online degree program
- You are enrolled in a dual degree program through a different university
- You have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- You are a out-of-state student who is eligible to receive in-state tuition
Other important information about eligibility
Out-of-state tuition awards do not cover tuition costs at other IU campuses—you must be enrolled in classes on the IUPUI campus for it to be applied. For example, if you take a course at another IU campus during the summer, an out-of-state tuition award does not cover the tuition cost for that course.
The award does cover:
- Online courses taken as part of your on-campus degree program
- Summer courses taken on the IUPUI campus
Graduate student eligibility
Some IUPUI graduate and professional programs participate in out-of-state tuition awards. The IUPUI Graduate Office can help you find participating graduate programs.Learn about graduate student eligibility
International student eligibility
If you reside in a participating state and have one of these immigration statuses, you may qualify for an out-of-state tuition award: A-1, A-2, A-3, E-1, E-2, E-3, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, H-1B, H-4, I, L-1, L-2, O-1, O-3, V-1, V-2, V-3, or pending I-485 beneficiary.