We are acutely aware and sympathetic to the residual effect that federal, state and county guidelines regarding social distancing are having on your high school students, their families, and the support network shepherding them through their college decision making process. We recognize that many of you are living with understandable emotions, and are looking for ways to support your students as we all navigate through this. Below are a few of the adjustments we have made to provide flexibility to your students during these challenging times:
- Application deadline has been changed from May 1 to June 1; we will continue to accept applications beyond June 1 on a case-by-case basis. We also have created a COVID-19 Application Fee Waiver for use on the APPLYIU system only. Use code INCOVID for the waiver.
- Similarly, our May 1 enrollment deposit deadline for the fall 2020 freshman class has been extended until June 1 to allow students more time to assess their options. Contact us if this deadline is a concern for any student.
- We have created a COVID-19 Hardship Deposit Waiver option for students interested in attending IUPUI to request a waiver due to temporary financial hardship. Students may request this waiver here, and no additional documentation is required.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for applicants as a result of the April and May SAT/ACT tests being canceled. We will review those applicants holistically for admission on a case-by-case basis. These are students who have not completed or taken a standardized test to date.
- We have made the decision concerning orientation for admitted students for fall 2020. All orientation appointments this summer will take place completely online. More details will be shared with your students in the coming weeks.
- We have posted a “360 Virtual Tour” video on our website for students hoping to experience IUPUI. We expect to offer other virtual options as well.
- We have launched sign-ups for virtual face-to-face counseling for your students and parents who want to speak to an admissions counselor about college next steps.
- We will retroactively award and notify qualified admitted students who applied after the February 15th deadline with an Admission-Based Award. New applicants who qualify will also be considered for these awards until the start of term.
We hope you find these resources helpful as you seek to support your college bound students. Although our team will not be physically in the office during this time, we are ALL fully present and here for you remotely from our homes, Monday thru Thursday, from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, and Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Please reach out to your assigned admissions counselor, and I am here to support you as well. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will continue to be a fluid situation, and we will all get through this together. Know that the IUPUI Office of Undergraduate Admissions is prepared to do its part to help ensure that the college decision journey remains a profoundly memorable and positive part of your students’ senior year.
Director of Undergraduate Admissions